Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Presentation

Well I just finished my presentation and am enjoying lunch. People seemed to be interested in my presentation and were especially impressed with the student generated tutorials I showed. Several questions were asked covering a wide range of topics from how much time a week we spend on squeak to how much resistance older students give to using a program designed for much younger students. Showing the great high school student projects Matt provided me let the audience know that little or no resistance to this program was presented by students. I showed a couple of projects both Matt and my students have done. It was eye opening to see how much growth occurred between 6th and 10th graders. Now I can just sit back and enjoy the rest of the sessions. Dr. Narayan presents Wednesday morning and several people have already expressed great interest in how probes, games and projects have been extended by the Use IT grant program

No comments: